Monday, March 4, 2019

It's been a long time!

It has been way to long since my last post, but I'm back!  Not much has changed in the way of the family, with the exception of my boys being way to grown up!  I still love cooking, feeding my family and friends, and eating.  I have recently discovered a new breakfast favorite...avocado toast!  It is probably one of the easiest, but tastiest recipes that is also so good for you.  I like to serve it with thinly sliced radishes and a lemon wedge.  There is one thing that you must use, good salt.  I have recently purchased Aztec Sea Salt from Amazon and it is truly life changing!  When you open the bag, it is moist, very course, and nothing like the salt you buy in the store.  It has so many health benefits, and lasts a long time because a little goes a long way.  There are directions to dry and grind it, but I love it just as is.  I have the link below, seriously, try it!  Enjoy the toast for breakfast or a snack.

Avocado Toast

  • 1 avocado
  • sea salt
  • lemon
  • black pepper
  • good quality olive oil
  • Bread - I prefer a sturdy pane or multi-grain
  • 1 clove garlic, cut in half
Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop into a small bowl.  Add about 1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper, or to taste. Squeeze a little lemon onto avocado and mash leaving it somewhat chunky.  Toast your bread.  Immediately after taking it out of the toaster, rub the cut side of the garlic on the toast.  Spread avocado mixture onto your toast, and drizzle with olive oil.  Squeeze a bit more lemon if desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment